Thursday, March 8, 2012

If You're Green, You're Growing

My favorite quote this week has come from Dr. Timothy Chargois, Director or Research, Planning and Development in Beaumont I.S.D.  In an Interview for my action research class he stated "If you're green, you're growing; if you're brown, you're dying."  He was emphasising the fact that educators can never stop being learners.  I believe this sums up, for me, what I am learning through this week's assignments.  Through action research in our schools, or districts, we are able to learn best practices for our educators and our students.  We will discover what will create the most effective school cultures and, in the process perhaps challenge our own thinking. Action research will help drive our own continuing education as we search out the answers to our "wonder's" and "what if's." 

1 comment:

  1. I liked that comment as well. What I got from this week is Action research is really change within. We always have non educators telling us what will work. Yet they aren't in my classroom or school with my community of staff and studens. Something that might work on my campus may not work on yours.

    ReplyDelete